Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Going Beyond My Comfort....

So I have started my new business and at this point I had hoped to have many bookings on my calendar but I have two.  I have posted my new business on fb many times and I have sent out emails to the women in my life that I thought for sure would be more than willing to jump up and help and book a party.  I got one email back from a "new" friend who is away for the summer but said she would be willing to book a show in the late fall.  I know now my next step is to make phone calls and that is out of my comfort zone.

I don't like to be uncomfortable and I don't like to make other people uncomfortable and I know that I will have to step into that zone for my business to flourish.  I also know that once I do it I will get better at it and God will bless me abundantly.  The problem is....I don't want to do it and I can feel my anxiety growing out of control inside of me...like a vine out of control and it is going to smother me if I don't get control of it.

I also believe that God has sent me tools to use to get control of this.  I had a woman call and email me this week that stated that she wanted to speak to me about helping with a reception to be held after church because she is getting married at my church during a regular service.  I was left very confused because the whole conversation doesn't register correct in my mind.  Weddings during church, receptions during coffee hour, people who call strangers out of the blue????  I am having a hard time calling people that I know and love to have a party where they will earn free merchandise and this woman called me to help with a wedding reception, her wedding reception, out of the blue.  This has left me feeling...I'm not even sure what I'm feeling.

I want to be open to hear her, to help her, to learn from her.  I want to be the kind of person who can pick up a phone and talk people into things, without being manipulative, of course.  Sometimes I think people just want to be asked.  I know that at the root of this is rejection.  I have always had issues with rejection.  My biggest fear has always been that "you" weren't going to like me.   I have worked on this my whole life and I believe that I have to give this to God.  I probably give this to God and take it back all the time.  I am good at giving and taking.

Now at this point I haven't actually spoken to the woman yet.  We don't even know each other.  I have recieved an email and a phone message.  My thoughts are who is this person calling a complete stranger to help with her wedding, how much am I suppose to help.  What does God want me to do????  That is the biggest question I have been asking since yesterday.  I believe this has to be something from him....So what am I to do with it???  I am praying that when I do finally speak with her God will give me the words that I need because I have no idea what to do?  Talking with a stranger about something so personal....Is definately Going Beyond My Comfort!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment