Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just need to Vent...

So a couple of weeks ago I started a new medication called Lyrica.  I was very excited about this one because I thought for sure this one was going to work.  It is,  of course,  the most expensive one on the market with a $50.00 co-pay for me and I know that others have paid more, and the insurance company made me jump through a small hoop to get it,  making me try another cheaper drug first.  That drug did not work and it actually put me in more pain than I was before.  So I started the Lyrica and right away I noticed a difference...it put me right to sleep at night...out like a light!!  I thought ok,  this is good I won't need my sleeping pills at night any more.

Then I started the morning pill...I had to eventually work my way up to a three times a day dosage.  The pill made me feel like I had a couple of drinks and I wasn't feeling any pain but also wasn't able to really function to well either but it was my day off and I figured this is a feeling that will go away, I just have to get use to the meds.  It will work its way into my system and I will be ok.

A couple of days later I worked the afternoon pill into my schedule and now I am asleep all the time.  I am up but basically I am functioning asleep.  This is no way to live.  Why would they make a pill that makes you feel like this.  Am I feeling any pain?  Well the pain isn't as bad as it was on the last pill but I could have just had a bottle of wine to feel like this.  I will be contacting my doctor today to see if this is too much medication or if this is how I'm suppose to feel.  If it is I am done with it.  I am suppose to be heading off to the Fibro Clinic in Boston if this medication didn't work.  I have a feeling I will be going to Boston sometime soon.  I am not sure there are any more medicines to try but thats ok...I want to try new remedies like massage, diet and exercise.  I really believe these will work more than the medications. 

I would love to hear from anybody reading this...If you have an opinion, a story or just support, I love hearing from people.  If you have anything to add to the medication dilemma, I would love to hear about that too...Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment