Sunday, March 13, 2011

Watch Your Back

This has been one of those weeks that I wished I could do over.  It seemed that no matter what I did I was being drained of my spirit.  I had a week filled with helping friends and family and this is something that I normally do best.  In fact there were a couple of times this week I wrote on my Facebook wall that I was "Off to do what I do best" hoping to leave some of the people in my Facebook land with thoughts of "Where is she off too?" and What is Mary up to now?".  I spent Monday and Wednesday with a very special woman, whose has been in my life since I was nine and has taught me many things and now she is one of my best friends.  She was always there for me when I needed her and now I am so very Blessed to be able to be there for her when she needs me. On Thursday I had to take my oldest daughter to the doctors because she was very ill with bronchitis and a sinus infection.  Taking her to the doctors and then to pick up her prescriptions and then back home to bed reminded me of when the kids were little and they needed me to take care of them.  I think it was Gods way of saying, "Sometimes I will still need you to fill in on the little stuff, you will always be on call".  On Friday I spent the day with my youngest daughter, who is now and will always be my baby.  She is on her own and even though she has days when she may struggle she is making me so proud because she is starting to make positive choices and that is all that God expects from us.  So I know she will be Blessed.  I have been searching for a job for months and nothing has come so money seems to get tighter with every passing day.  Everytime I think I have a lead on a good job something seems to get in the way.  I stopped praying for patience in the job hunting department and started being thankful for everything I had, thinking that would change the way I felt, but for some reason this week, it was getting worse. Remember it was also on this day that I found out that I would no longer be an active participent on the bone marrow registry. With everything good I did, my spirit was being sucked out of me.  I opened my online bank account on Saturday to find that the small amount of money that I had left...and I mean small had been changed to minus $43 and change.  Now I lost it!!!!!!

I couldn't believe after everything I had done this week...After everything thing good I had done...After every prayer I had prayed for people both here and there...This is what God had to hand me...And then it hit me...IT WAS NOT GOD....Satan was not impressed with my week.  He was in fact pissed off with all the good that I had been doing.  After all the years of being a Christian and doing "good" things, this was the first time in my life that satan was actually attacking me personally.  Well it was the first time that I actually felt it.  It was the first time in my life that his attack caused me to say "why is God doing this to me".  But as soon as the words fell out of my mouth I knew that it was not God doing this and I knew that Satan was behind this and I declared God the Ruler of my life.  I know I am covered in Jesus' blood and that I will share in his everlasting life. It made me feel pretty good to know that I must have been doing pretty good work for the Lord this week if Satan felt threatened.  All I have to say to that is...Watch out Another week is coming and I am covered in the blood of Jesus and nothing is going to stop me!!!!  May God Bless you and protect you!!

1 comment:

  1. You're stronger than you know, Mary and I have no doubt the coming weeks will bear witness to this. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete